4 The Graphical User Interface
The graphical user interface is divided in three parts, the file tree (No.1), the
information table (No.2) the editable notes window and the display window
|Figure 8||Graphical User Interface of INSENSA GIS|
- File Tree: The left window shows the files and filesets within a filetree.
Here files can be created, moved between and copied in other filesets.
Please be aware that normal copies are links to the original file. Only if
an option function has been applied (see option function copy) or a new
file is created from a connection function a hardcopy is created in your
- Information Table: The middle window gives information about the file
resolution, size, type and projection and displays results of calculations
and statistical analyses in a table format.
- Notes Window: Also included at the bottom of this information table is
an editable part leaving room for user specific notes for each file.
- Display Window: The right window can be used to display maps or
statistical results graphically (e.g. diagrams, correlation matrices). Display
maps and statistical results by using drag and drop of the information
reader function buttons.
The software offers the selection of functions via four selection options
- The menu bar at the top of the window
- The shortcut icons of the icon menu bar
- The context menu that can be opened by a right click at a file
While the menu and shortcut icons are always visible, the context menu can be
displayed by a right click on the specific file. All functions can be selected and
executed through all three menu options. Furthermore different shortcuts have been
implemented, which are indicated within the menu bar.
Find more information about the handling of the software under